Blog Post # 10

 If I decided to become a teacher, I always wanted to be a high school math teacher. Math was always my favorite subject and high school students I've always felt like they needed teachers that would be more than just educators because they were about to transition to an entirely different chapter in their lives. I have always felt like I had a connection to high school students even when I would tutor my peers while still being in high school and providing advice to my classmates. I would use data collection surveys as a teaching method and also as ice breakers to collectively get a better understanding of my students. Since I would be a math teacher data collection surveys is a sure topic that I would have to go over and teach to my students.

The topics I have found most interesting in reading my peers' blogs were anything that had to do with them becoming teachers in the future. It was very profound to me some of the ideas and knowledge some of my classmates had when it came time for them to discuss their future as educators. Also, learning of different resources that I could potentially use in the future for my professional career was also interesting. I loved reading my classmates' blogs and hope they go on to do anything that they set their minds up to do. Good luck!!

I did not get a chance to participate in the tech-flex badges however, I did find it very very cool and interesting that we were given that opportunity. I wish I would have had the opportunity to participate and receive some of the flex badges. I think it is really cool some of the badges that were given and then with the incentive to earn more tokens for assignments from the more badges you receive. More teachers should offer these types assignments to gain incentives for assignments. 

The next technology-related skill that I would like to learn is how to create the transition videos that are posted on outlets such as YouTube. These transition videos allow for multiple videos to be morphed together utilizing different transition and graphic interaction tools. I would like to learn this skill because I want to be able to create videos for my students as a way to teach certain topics. I believe these videos will grab my students attention and have them interested in whatever topic I am teaching. I will continue to watch videos where this is being done and do research to learn which tools are used for these videos. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #9

Blog Journal #4